Metroblog

But I digress ...

20 September 2005

A Cure for What Ails Yer


The SO has blogged at length about the cleaning properties of baking soda mixed with water. I just need to add my voice to the choir.

Last night I dragged from their resting places in the unmentionable depths of cupboard-dom a set of cheap, thin, and nasty copper-bottomed pots. If you're single, or ever have been, you know the ones I mean. Since the SO and I are engaged, I had thought that the time had come to put away single-ish things such as cheap-ass pots.

However, we keep in another cupboard a set of ready-to-go camping gear (here are some people who have rather overdone it, I think), which has until now been missing one major component: we have no cookset, only a coffee pot. Now while that may seem ample to some, the SO and I generally require at least one or two larger cooking vessels for our outdoors cuisine.

So it came to me yesterday evening to kill two birds with one stone and metaphorically cook them in the two orphaned pots. One problem: these pots have been hidden from daylight since before the SO and I joined forces. They were covered with dirt, carbon, and the usual array of oxides that build up on such surfaces.

I was about to attack them with the copper curly-cake (presumably it has another name, but that's what I call it--you know, the gadget that looks like Orphan Annie's hairdo?) and I was anticipating a long slog of scrubbing. The SO intervened, evangelising about BS&W.

Hallelujia, I have seen the light, and it glints off the once-again-coppery bottoms of these ancient pots. The burnt-on crud inside will still need a scrub, but most of the other stuff has vanished.

Can I get a witness?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home