Metroblog

But I digress ...

20 February 2005

Oh--Nearly Forgot to Mention


Yesterday I was at a great big grocery store. I queued up at the 12-items-or-less till. The young woman behind the till was obviously a bit tired, but smiling gamely. She totted up my bill. Three family-sized chocolate bars and a bottle of water (everyone needs a healthy breakfast, but lunch is pretty much up to you).

"$8.25" she said pleasantly.

"Uh," quoth I "The chocolate bars are 3 for $5.00." The water was $1.40 or so.

"Oh."

There followed some confusion. It turned out that the sign had been left up from a special several days prior, but Canadian law demands that the retailer gives you the advertised price. The clerk rang up the purchase again:

"$3.12" she said brightly.

I stared at her for a minute. Then when she showed no sign of realizing what she'd just done, I paid up and left.

There's only so much I have to do to feel like I'm being honest. I alerted her to the problem. About her mathematical ability I can do nothing.

1 Comments:

At 10:17 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

New layout, pretty cool...but where are your links?!? Help, I can't find anything without your links!!

Me

 

Post a Comment

<< Home