Metroblog

But I digress ...

29 September 2004

Be Honest



Yesterday's post was long and rambled a bit incoherently, didn't it?

What I fundamentally needed to express there was that I had become very angry for no apparent reason. The anger was aggravated by my continuing unemployment, and by the behaviour and attitudes of two groups of people, one older than myself, one younger.

But my rage was illegitimate, stemming as it did from some false conviction that the future-which-is-now was supposed to be shinier than it is. I don't really expect it to be. And it's a good world, overall. Or as Gord Downie, my Dad and my Grandfather would have it, "It's a Good Life if You Don't Weaken".

I called my old boss to alleviate the unemployment problem. It looks as though I'll be trucking again for a bit, starting next week or so. Meantime, someone whose opinion I respect has suggested that rather than cast myself as a tech writer, or a marketing writer, or any of the other categories, I should try flogging some fiction.

Today's meditation: To keep this post short, I invite you to read this article, and this one.

That is all, as the original anonymous megaphoner used to say on M*A*S*H.




1 Comments:

At 8:05 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey love, don't forget that others don't have an Economist account...we can't see the article you linked to! the SO

 

Post a Comment

<< Home