Metroblog

But I digress ...

04 May 2004

So what's up?



Anything interesting?

Yeah, me neither really.

Isn't it amazing how one can be so busy and yet. . .not.

Take my case. The SO and I have decided we are sufficiently in love to move in together. This is very weird for both of us, as we are each confirmed singles of some a-hem years standing.

So I am moving from my garret (yes, dear reader I, a writer, live in a garret. It's such a cliché!) room, about 140 square feet (or roughly the size of a small SUV) into the SO's apartment, which in fact isn't massively bigger.

This of course means paring stuff down, storing stuff, renting vehicles to move stuff and of course, uh, moving stuff.

I don't own much--everything in this tiny suite arrived in a regular 1980 GM van, including my queen-sized bed, stereo, 2 dressers, and the various other items that make my room livable.

Yet the apartment I'm moving into seems crowded to me even now. I think everything I own is going to wind up getting stored for at least a year, and the SO will have to do the same with a few items (including, I think, the other queen-sized bed).

So I need to find storage for all those items, as well as for my car (check the Hoosier Mets link at left). I have to book a rental van to move my stuff into storage and her place, then move anything of the SO's to the storage place.

But the most whacked-out thing about all this is how I feel about it. I love this person, no doubt about it. But I feel as though my privacy is being intruded upon.

This seems very unfair to both of us.

Worse yet, my preparations for the move seem glacially slow. I realize that I'm neither fascinated by the joy of moving, nor do I feel entirely comfortable with the idea of living in someone else's place. Although I do that now anyway. . .

In any case. On my list for this morning were ten items to be done, many of them relating to the move. My roomie comes home tomorrow and the little pischer gets his car back, so suddenly I'll be a pedestrian again too.

Of the ten items, I got four and a half done. Three I can't do until tomorrow. So really, I accomplished a reasonable amount.

But it feels like nothing!

Annoying.

  • Full English anyone?
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home