Metroblog

But I digress ...

19 February 2008

A New Addition to the Metroblog Roll

It's like someone took my best thoughts and wrote them in a blog, only better, funnier, and rather more coherent.

I stumbled across Vlad the Impala while researching at work. I was not researching for work, unless one can link the companions of Doctor Who to workplace safety ... Oh, I don't know, though ...

Anyway, I was looking for this illustration, when I stumbled across his blog. He'll be on the blogroll next time I mess with the template.

I'm a bit concerned that in posting a link to Northern Planets, I'm risking the total desertion of my Avid Fans.

But you won't leave me, will you?

Hello?

Anybody?

There's something damn weird about the time/date stamps there. One post is three days in my future, yet the most current post on Northern Planets Uncensored is a year in my past. Still, this is to be expected when dealing with people who are acquainted with TARDISes (TARDii?).

7 Comments:

At 12:55 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bonsoir M Metro

Puzzling - there are conundrums here, which can be unravelled only by our brighter illuminati like AerChie & the Lady ApilihP, if we can entice her from behind the sofa (err ... I think her Ladyship means COUCH)

- NORTHern Planets in AUSTRALIA

- sur=named Impala, a Zuid Afrikan Antelope

UND

still no signs of any Mars Bars for the Greedy & Over-Weight

Yr obedt servt etc

G E

 
At 1:27 pm, Blogger Wandering Coyote said...

Thanks for those links - he is great, so I've bookmarked him.

I'm not going anywhere...

 
At 4:29 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Metro:

Do not fear, you'll always have an avid fan in me, your most loyal anonymous poster. Go Canucks go! God Save the Queen (the old skank). Jeremiah was a bullfrog...

EK

PS - F*** em if they can't take a joke.

 
At 6:16 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thine Avid Fans will never desert thee!

 
At 2:04 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe that Lady Philipa's couch is in Bavaria. Illuminated.

All hail Eris!

 
At 2:12 pm, Blogger Vlad the Impala said...

Hi Metro,

thanks for the kind words, I hope I can live up to them.

And the answer to your conundrum is that being from the north is a state of mind, not a mere fact of geography. Besides, it's an interesting but little known fact that impalas aren't native to Zuid Afrika, they just fly there for the winter.

 
At 9:27 am, Blogger Metro said...

@G Eagle:
You should spend some time at NP, then. From Vlad's comment below he is, himself, illuminated. So he may know the location of the Mars Bars.

@WC:
King of Jungle only here to help.

@Anonymous:
Jeremiah only became a bullfrog following a chance encounter with a witch who had a teleportation device. Until then he was just an insurance salesman who had a mighty fine wine.

@pj:
Thanks for the support. I try to visit my blogroll as much as possible these days, but time crunch means it's harder to do. Not to mention that the roll is getting longer, so I really can't visit everyone even as much as once per week, much as I'd love to.

@Aerchie:
Don't you mean "Eros"?

@Vlad:
As the product of generations of Lancashirefolk coupled with Londoners, Irish and others, I agree. Northern is a state of mind.

Hmmm. I saw a quiz about that once ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home